You might want to provide your dog with a separate sleeping area that you can wash every other day if they enjoy playing outside and are generally very messy. Puppies will feel at home and welcome inside this way, and pet owners can ensure that the home is always tidy and smells good. Both parties benefit from the situation.
If you want to ensure your dog’s safety, comfort, and convenience when selecting from a wide selection of dog beds to find the best deals, there are many factors to take into account. In order to assist you, we have created a guide for picking the best washable dog bed. We’ve also included a few of our top picks for the best machine-washable dog beds for 2022.
The best washable dog beds include: Bedsure Washable Dog Bed, Donut Cat and Dog Bed, Dog Sleeping Bag, Foam Dog Bed, Waterproof Dog Beds for Large Dogs, Sofa-Style Pet Bed, BRINDLE Memory Foam Bed…
Please continue reading the post to see more specific information that I will present to you.
Table of Contents
Best Washable Dog Beds
Donut Cat And Dog Bed
- Highly rated
- Good value
The donut-shaped design of this bed is ideal for dogs who enjoy cuddling up in their beds and has a calming effect. The faux shag is fluffy and plush for coziness and warmth, and it’s filled with filling that is soft but supportive for joint and muscle pain relief.
The beds are machine-washable and can be dried whole, but sizes M through XXL come with a zip-removable cover. No formaldehyde, lead, or mercury is present in any of the materials, all of which were ethically sourced.
Customers rave about how simple it is to wash and claim that their dog prefers it, earning it an average rating of 4.7 stars from over 60K users. Furthermore, it fits in well with any home decor.
Dog Sleeping Bag
- Lightweight and packable
- May be too warm for summer
- Could have more cushion
Your dog will stay warm and comfortable in this sleeping bag-style bed while exploring the great outdoors or simply lounging around the house. With insulating down stuffing to keep heat inside and a sleeve for the center pad—sold separately—to add additional warmth and comfort, the shell is wind- and water-resistant.
These are simple to remove dirt and debris from and can be easily thrown in the washer and dryer. For convenience, the lightweight design packs down easily into the supplied carrying case.
Customers rave about how tough and simple to clean the shell of this bed is and how much their dogs enjoy curling up inside. Some claim that their dogs enjoy sleeping on top of the bag when the weather warms up, but if you live somewhere where it is frequently hot, this may be too warm to use all year round.
Foam Dog Bed
- Soft cushioning
- Easy to clean
- Cooling double-layer memory foam
With the help of this memory-foam bed, you can provide your dog with the same level of comfort that you do. The orthopedic foam cools your dog while providing a warm surface for them to lay on; the foam also ensures that the bed will keep its shape longer than one filled with ordinary polyester stuffing. They are made to feel secure and cozy by the reinforced walls that surround the entire bed.
Customers were pleasantly surprised by the overall high quality when they received it, and numerous reviews indicate that it has held up well after washing. Reviewers also noted that it offers a lot of support and is firmer than beds with conventional stuffing.
Waterproof Dog Beds For Large Dogs
- Good value
- Waterproof design keeps filling protected
- Plain look may not suit everyone
- No bolstered walls for cuddling or head support
Since they offer a lot of space for your dog to lay down and stretch out on, the traditional giant-pillow design bed is a solid choice.
This one has a polyester filing that is sealed off by a waterproof liner to prevent leakage from accidents. The removable fleecy cover is also machine-washable. Your dog won’t be drawn to chew on anything sticking out at them because there are no sharp edges or corners in the design.
Due to the compress-packed nature of these beds, it’s normal for them to appear flat upon arrival; just give them up to 72 hours to fluff up to their full size.
Customers rave about how easy it is to clean and how much they enjoy the bed’s straightforward design. Many mention using it frequently to crate-train their dog. The surface is flat, though, so if you see that your dog likes to nuzzle in or prefers a headrest, you might want to think about a different option with bolstered walls.
Sofa-style Pet Bed
- Customizable options both inside and out
- Walled for snuggling and support
Your dog will have the best place to unwind and rest in this sofa-style bed. It has three bolstered walls, a machine-washable, cuddly soft covering for them to snuggle into, and the option to customize the stuffing by selecting orthopedic foam, cooling gel foam, or memory foam. You can select the support type that works best for your dog and the color that goes best with the style of your home.
Customers adore the bed’s support and customizability, and many think it’s ideal for older or arthritic dogs. The inner foam is simple to spot clean if necessary, and the cover holds up in the washer.
BRINDLE Memory Foam Bed
- Shredded foam design provides the kind of comfort canines love
- Interior baffles keep the shredded foam in place to prevent clumping
- Backed by the manufacturer’s 3-year warranty
- Available in 7 sizes and 4 color patterns (Khaki, Red, Stone, and Teal)
The orthopedic Brindle Memory Foam Dog Bed is available in several sizes and fits most common dog crates.
The 3-inch-thick shredded memory foam core will relieve pressure on your dog’s joints, and the machine-washable (tumble-dry) removable micro suede cover makes it simple to maintain.
a top-quality pet bed made of shredded memory foam with a cover that is removable and washable in the machine.
- Provides excellent comfort and joint support
- Several owners reported that it held up well to multiple trips through the washing machine
- Because it’s easy to clean, owners found that the typical “dog smell” in their home dissipated
- Unfortunately, this bed isn’t waterproof
- A few owners mentioned that hair seems to stick to this bed more than some other beds
Midwest Homes For Pets Plush Dog Bed
- Tufted, ultra-soft plush polyfiber construction
- Designed to be used inside a crate or as a standalone bed
- Backed by MidWest’s 1-year quality guarantee
- Available in 7 sizes and 3 colors
Different from the majority of the other beds we suggest is the MidWest Homes for Pets Plush Dog Bed. You can simply throw the entire thing in the washing machine, along with the cover, and machine dry it instead of having to remove and wash the cover separately.).
Even though you must use the gentle cycle and dry it on low, this bed offers a few extra conveniences that few other beds do.
A bed that can be fully machine-washed without the need to remove the cover.
- You can machine wash this entire bed — including the internal core
- A lot of dogs seemed to like the bed’s outer texture
- This bed is pretty affordably priced
- This isn’t the most supportive bed on the market
- Some owners complained that the plastic no-skid pieces came off over time
Bedsure Washable Dog Bed
The Bedsure Dog Bed is available in a wide range of neutral hues that blend in beautifully without drawing undue attention. This elevated dog bed’s 3-inch high mattress-like foam construction evenly distributes your pet’s weight while also giving them the support they require. It is a fantastic option for older dogs and large breed dogs like Great Danes because of the joint support it provides. Your dog can rest on the soft Sherpa top, which is cozy, warm, and comfortable. The top cover is easily removable and machine washable, which means you don’t have to worry about any unpleasant odors or stains. More than four colors are available for this pet bed.
- Orthopedic comfort provides joint relief
- Reversible design guarantees durability
- Zippered removable cover
- Great for large dogs
- Extra coziness is provided by the plush sherpa layer
- The foam mattress itself is not washable, so if anything penetrates down to the mattress, you will not be able to get it out
Barksbar Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Non-slip rubber backing prevents the bed from sliding around on the floor
- Ultra soft, quilted polyester cover provides the kind of comfort your dog deserves
- Suitable for dogs weighing up to 100 pounds
- Available in 3 sizes
A dog bed that is incredibly comfortable, featuring a wrap-around bolster and a strong orthopedic foam core.
- Dogs appeared to find the cover and bolsters very comfortable
- Owners were very pleased with how easy this bed was to wash
- The foam core and bolster can be removed — something that isn’t always possible to do with dog beds
- This isn’t the most durable bed on the market
- A few owners had trouble replacing the bolster after removing the cover for washing
Kuranda Dog Bed
- Cordura fabric is as durable as canvas, while still being comfortable for your pup
- Available in 5 sizes and 4 colors (Burgundy, Smoke, Forest Green and Khaki)
- Backed by the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty
- Elevated design takes pressure off your dog’s joints
Your dog will remain cool and cozy while napping on the elevated Kuranda Dog Bed.
The Kuranda bed is made of a sturdy PVC frame and an incredibly durable Cordura sleeping area. It is very simple to wash and is guaranteed to withstand repeated cleanings.
a robust and long-lasting elevated pet bed that can be easily cleaned with a simple hose-down.
- The majority of dogs appeared to enjoy sleeping on the Kuranda Bed.
- After switching to this bed, a number of owners reported fewer symptoms of joint pain.
- It is very simple to clean the bed; all you need to do is hose it down or wipe it down with a damp cloth.
- The bed was difficult for some owners to assemble.
- The elevated design might be unsettling for dogs who are already nervous.
Milliard Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Core is made from egg crate luxe foam for comfort
- Available in 2 standard crate sizes (35″ x 22″ and 47″ x 27″)
- Backed by the manufacturer’s 100% satisfaction-guaranteed warranty
- The bed is 4 inches thick to ensure complete support
The Milliard Orthopedic Dog Bed has an egg-crate core that offers adequate support and a thick upper layer with a pillow top to ensure your dog’s complete comfort.
For the bed to continue smelling and looking its best for years to come, the zippered cover can be taken off and machine washed (be sure to let the cover air dry after washing).
A cozy bed that comes in two common crate sizes and has a machine-washable cover.
- Most dogs seemed to find the bed very comfortable
- Owners reported that the cover was very easy to clean
- Appears supportive enough to keep dogs in the 60- to 70-pound range up off the floor
- There was a smattering of durability complaints, though most owners liked the bed
- A few owners complained that the bottom of the bed became damaged easily
Molly Mutt Dog Duvets
a dog bed substitute that you can stuff however you like and machine wash.
The Molly Mutt Duvet is 100% cotton canvas, and will stand up to repeated washings with ease; simply unzip the cover, remove the padding and place the cover in your washing machine on a cold-water cycle. If you use a low, tumble-dry setting, you can then remove it and put it right in the dryer.
Note that these “beds” do not come with any padding or stuffing, so you’ll have to stuff it with memory foam, cotton fill material or old clothes. While this can be a pain, it also gives you the opportunity to customize your dog’s bed so that it offers exactly the right amount of cushion and support.
Another advantage of the lack of filling is that Molly Mutt Duvets are less expensive than any of the other beds we previously reviewed.
In addition to one round design, Molly Mutt Duvets are offered in three rectangular sizes and 22 different color schemes.
Omlet Memory Foam Bolster Bed
- This customizable bed comes in several sizes and colors
- The bed is elevated and available with your choice of 5 different feet styles
- Cover is removable and machine washable; internal plastic barriers protect the foam
- Bolster provides extra security and serves as a comfy head rest
A very luxurious resting place that can be tailored to your particular pet is the Omlet Memory Foam Bolster Bed. Not only can you select the right size for your dog, but you can also pick from 15 lovely colors and five different foot types.
It is important to note that you cannot wash the entire Omlet Memory Foam Bed; however, the cover is machine washable and detachable. In order to safeguard them from spills and accidents, the internal mattress and bolsters are also covered with plastic.
a movable, machine-washable cover and an elevated, individualized pet bed.
- We love the myriad customization options available for this bed
- The cover is pretty easy to remove, making it easy to wash when necessary
- Internal plastic covers help protect the foam from moisture
- The entire bed isn’t washable, but the inner plastic covers mean this isn’t a problem
- This bed is quite a bit more expensive than the other options discussed here
Coolaroo Elevated Dog Bed
Affordable and ideal for use outside, an elevated dog bed that is simple to clean.
- Elevated design provides a great combination of support and comfort
- Air flows beneath the bed, helping to keep your canine cool
- Lightweight and easy to disassemble, making it great for travel
- Available in 3 sizes and 6 colors
- A great bed for outdoor use and travel
- Helps keep dogs cool in warm temperatures
- Super easy to clean — just hose it off
- As mentioned, skittish dogs don’t always like elevated beds
- A small number of owners had trouble assembling the bed
- Durability is a bit of a long-term issue
Considerations For In Washable Dog Beds
Animals are like babies, so you naturally want to give them the best possible living conditions. The comfort of your dog should therefore not be overlooked, despite the fact that you might be excited about buying a dog bed. There is no point in spending money on a bed if they can’t get a good night’s sleep in it. Therefore, be certain that the pet bed you buy is incredibly comfortable. One way to do this is to choose pet beds with softer fillings and materials so you can be sure your dog will be comfortable.
Size is an important factor to think about when evaluating your options for the best dog bed. You’ve wasted your money if you choose something that seems to be popular with most dog parents at the store but is actually too small for your dog to fit comfortably. Measure your dog instead so that you can buy a new bed that is appropriate for them.
A washable dog bed is designed to simplify dog ownership in general. Put your pet’s stinky, disorganized bed in the washer, and it will be fresh and clean by bedtime, saving you a ton of time and money. If the dog bed is located in a public area, like the living room floor, this is especially helpful. Choose a dog bed from among the best options that is low maintenance and easy to maintain.
How comfortable and long-lasting your dog bed is will depend on the kind of foam or filling used in it. The type of covering used, the stuffing, the stitching, and the base backing all need to be taken into account when determining durability. You’ll be prepared to choose the best dog bed for your pet once you’ve given these things some serious thought. See more about Best Dog Bed For Chewers
Tips For Keeping Your Dog’s Bed Clean
There are a few tips you can follow to keep your dog’s bed clean in between washes, regardless of the type of bed you buy or how well it will withstand a trip through the laundry. This will lessen the amount of times you have to wash the bed while also assisting in maintaining the bed’s attractive appearance.
Some of the best ways to keep your dog’s bed clean include:
Wipe the bed down with a damp cloth as often as possible. The majority of the hair, dander, and dust that settles on the surface can be removed, but it won’t help with substances like mud or liquids that seep into the cover.
Pick a bed that contrasts with the color of your dog’s coat. Admittedly, this won’t actually keep the bed cleaner, but it will keep the bed looking cleaner, as your dog’s shed hair won’t stand out to the eye.
Choose complicated patterns over solid colors. A solid-colored bed will show you the presence of a teaspoon of dirt right away. On a bed with a complicated pattern, however, you won’t be able to see the dirt as clearly. Another advice that won’t actually keep the bed clean but will keep it looking better is this one.
On the cover of your dog’s bed, use a stain-repelling spray (like this). Make sure to select a fabric-protecting spray that is safe for pets before using it to help prevent stains and discoloration.
After playing outside, wash your dog off. The majority of the dirt that sticks to her coat can be easily removed with a damp cloth, preventing it from ever ending up on the bed. Pay close attention to her paws; it can be useful to fit her with booties or make a paw washer purchase.
Give your dog a regular bath. Make sure to bathe your dog on a regular basis (once or twice a month is probably adequate for most pups). The cleaner you keep your dog, the cleaner her bed will remain. Once you’ve dried her off, make sure her bed isn’t soaked when she goes to sleep.
People Also Asked
Why Should I Use A Dog Bed That I Can Wash?
Washable dog beds are practical and time-saving; they give your pets more comfort, and they can be a good investment because they typically last for a long time. They need so little upkeep that you won’t have to worry about spending time cleaning them.
How Are Your Dog Beds Kept Tidy?
You have two options for cleaning your dog bed: either put it in the washing machine or just vacuum up all the hair and fur.
Can I Wash A Dog Bed In Hot Water?
It is always advisable to periodically disinfect your dog’s bed because dogs make such excellent hosts for germs, bed bugs, and fleas. Making sure that all the bacteria, germs, and insects that might be on the pet bed are dead is a great way to achieve this. Make sure the material used to create your dog bed cannot shrink when washed.
Can Pets Other Than Dogs Use A Washable Dog Bed?
Yes, smaller variations of this kind of pet bed can be fantastic for other creatures, such as cats.
How Often Should I Wash The Bedding For My Dog?
weekly or biweekly, at the very least. You may need to wash your dog more frequently if it is dirtier or more prone to accidents.
A Calming Dog Bed Is What?
You may have heard the term “calming dog bed,” but rest assured, it’s nothing more than marketing jargon used to convince pet owners to buy a particular bed. Any bed that promotes relaxation in your dog can be categorized as a calming dog bed. In general, bolster, cuddler, or nester beds are synonymous with “calming” beds. The same raised sides that serve as pillows for a dog to rest their head on are present on all of them. And the slightly enclosed style may be reassuring to some dogs—hence the “calming” effect.